Sunday 19 October 2014

My Top 5 Bart Baker Parodies

bart-baker-parodiesI don’t know why I find these crude, tasteless and generally messed-up Bart Baker (a.k.a. the “King of Sting”) parodies so damn funny, but I do.

Maybe it’s the clever lyrics that draw on pop culture, which also manage to incorporate that particular celeb’s latest antics to have hit the headlines into the song. Or maybe it’s because a lot of work goes into mimicking the original song/video, and you have to admire the consistency.

Either way, the videos are messed up and totally politically incorrect… but in the best and funniest way. I’m not condoning some of the racist slurs used, or the poking fun at celebs with serious issues…but in the context of a parody that lampoons outrageous behaviour, it can be forgiven. Especially since the original music videos are so bad and uninspiring, they feel like parodies themselves - these music artists are just setting themselves up by churning out such terrible content.

I’ve replayed the videos so much that now, when I hear the original songs, it’s Bart Baker’s lyrics that come to mind.

My Top 5:










 

No comments:

Post a Comment