Thursday 6 November 2014

WhatsApp Update Reveals If Message Has Been Read

Oh for god’s sake, why is social media so keen to stalk out its users?? Now I have to be kind and reply asap and I no longer have the privacy of ignoring someone.

I blame Facebook, which bought out and took over the app earlier this year. Since we all know how Facebook likes to infringe on its users' privacy, and encourages us to do the same when it rolls out a new feature, this is hardly surprising.

Sure, WhatsApp has always had its "last seen" feature, but this added blue tick nonsense just confirms to needy people that you’re ignoring them. I swear they’re purposely trying to cause problems in people’s friendships/relationships. Sh*t stirring much?

For those of us who don’t like our every move reported on, you can get around this by switching your data off/putting your phone in flight mode before you go into WhatsApp to read to the message. I tend to read the messages in my notification bar anyway.

But to be honest, my current version of WhatsApp runs out in a couple of days so I’ve yet to have this forced blue-tick feature imposed on me, and I doubt I’ll be updating. I already find it annoying enough with the pointless, inane conversations people constantly try to have with me on there.

I’m sorry, but I don’t have a relationship with my phone and its IM apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment